Thursday, March 18, 2010

Finding a good teacher

Much can be learned from a good teacher. But how to find one? The internet has changed much. When I was looking for a tai chi teacher I searched the web and read as much as I could. I found Master Jesse Tsao in San Diego and registered with his school. Master Jesse has wonderful form and a gentle, winsome spirit. Here is a little of his Yang style. There is a link to Jesse's website on the sidebar.

I have read in different places that, though a good teacher is essential, you learn most through daily practice as you begin to open chi and your body learns and changes. It is said that it takes ten years of daily practice to become proficient in the basic form. So ... not a quick fix. More a lifestyle change.

Andy


No comments:

Post a Comment